The 3rd periodic 340 Club Reunion has been postponed indefinitely

Before there was an Animal House there was a 340 Club; before there was a Dean Wormer there was a Harold "the fuck" Martin; before there was John Blutarsky or a Daniel Simpson Day there was Tim Lutter, Sil Simpson, Dan Joyce, Tim Getzloff, Dick Lichty, Jim Shay, Phil Zangari, Chris Joyce, Dave Petkosh, Mitch Herr, Kenny Giltner, Dean Staherski, Randy Brown, John Emswiler, Sue Krimmell Emswiler and myself; before there were any Delta Tau Chi pledge pins, there were 340 Club cards; before Otis Day & the Knights, the 340 Jukebox; before there were Delta Brothers there were the usual gang of idiots that congregated at 328, 340 (twice) and 338 West King Street in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for a decade beginning in August 1974. This blog is dedicated to those idiots and those times. God bless Kenny, Mitch and Chris; may they rest in peace.

















virtual 340 Club members

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

From the Poet Laureate

The Poet Laureate is on vacation this week and I am pinch-hitting with a very rare poem of mine written in the summer of 1974 immediately preceding the formation of the 328 Club. It was written about a dear friend of mine whom I knew for only a very short time a long time ago. She may have been my last childhood crush. She went on to marry another very good friend of mine who I’m afraid I let the events of that summer dampen that friendship. In any case it is a poem about unrequited love. It is dedicated to Walt & Anne. Congratulations on over 30 year’s happiness in complementing each other. I hope this finds you in excellent spirits, health and circumstance. God bless you and your family. - Tee Knorr, January 23, 2008

“Pleasant dreams while I slumber
Supported by faith in promises, desired
But not asked for

A relationship undefined
A one-way street without a sign
Traveled east and west

A sign is hung
Definition is provided
Now traffic flows only towards the setting sun

Shattered faith provides
A basis for nightmares
While I lie restless”

I took the message and I took it wrong
I refuse to listen to that ugly song
I change the words so they suit me right
Stars in the day; sun in the night

“Tomorrow is another day
She’ll love me then
That’s what I will say

I will violate the law
I will go down the street
Toward the sunrise

If I get caught
What is the loss?
The rising sun is worth most any cost

Promises still desired but unnecessary
Faith in love can still give sleep a chance
And from sleep – dreams”

She said she didn’t love me and I said that’s ok
Said I could wait for another day
She said that I shouldn’t and I said that I must
She said that I wouldn’t and I ask for her trust.

2 comments:

340 Club Kegman said...

Oh boy ... now we're really blogging

Sil said...

Tee, Who was the unrequited love who inspired this? I seem to remember that you had a competition with Walt Tymon for a young lady.

Blog Archive