The 3rd periodic 340 Club Reunion has been postponed indefinitely

Before there was an Animal House there was a 340 Club; before there was a Dean Wormer there was a Harold "the fuck" Martin; before there was John Blutarsky or a Daniel Simpson Day there was Tim Lutter, Sil Simpson, Dan Joyce, Tim Getzloff, Dick Lichty, Jim Shay, Phil Zangari, Chris Joyce, Dave Petkosh, Mitch Herr, Kenny Giltner, Dean Staherski, Randy Brown, John Emswiler, Sue Krimmell Emswiler and myself; before there were any Delta Tau Chi pledge pins, there were 340 Club cards; before Otis Day & the Knights, the 340 Jukebox; before there were Delta Brothers there were the usual gang of idiots that congregated at 328, 340 (twice) and 338 West King Street in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for a decade beginning in August 1974. This blog is dedicated to those idiots and those times. God bless Kenny, Mitch and Chris; may they rest in peace.

















virtual 340 Club members

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

March 20, 1977 [4:00am-9:00am]

It had been a whirlwind weekend so far … St. Pat’s crawling, Tim Kelly’ party, getting laid for my birthday, Friday night madness, sightseeing in Manhattan, Saturday night making Friday night appear tame and now – a stone sober Jack Kelly wanting to show City L and me another part of New York.

Off we went descending into the subway station at a ferocious pace making sure Andi wasn’t going to catch us. Back to Manhattan. Upon getting off the train Jack took us across the way and unto another subway. It was late/early and there were few people on the train. Soon, near Columbus Circle, all the white people got off. Next thing we know – we were in Harlem. Now, years later I visited the historic African-American neighborhood but even to this day I have yet to do it justice. However, on that night/morning, at that time, drunk/weary; it was not where we wanted to be. City L and I finally convince Accu Jack of that although he kept insisting he could get us laid. Across the station and back on the next subway south, City L drifted to sleep as the train sped back downtown. The brief respite was broken by the screeching of the airbrakes and in City L’s case by my listless body slamming against his as the train came to a stop. We were reinvigorated and bounced up the steps into daylight in Manhattan. Breakfast woulda been a good idea but the madman – Accu Jack – had alternative ideas. Soon he was hailing a cab; engaging in conversation with the driver and hailing another cab. My memory is Jack had three or four of the liveries lined up none of which were going to gain our fare. He was merely inquiring of the drivers where three gentlemen could find some professional women at this time of night/morning. One of cabbies must have told him what he wanted to hear because he was excitedly off in another direction with City L and me trailing. I wish I could tell you where we were – my best guess would be around 59th Street on the West side – but I have no clue. Soon an attractive Black female was in conversation with Jack and the four of us – with a new tour guide – were off to a seedy shack of a structure. Once inside it didn’t get any more inviting. Believe me, seedy is a complement. There were two, rather large, gentlemen in the place who looked like they were rejected for the Otis Day scene (“May we dance with your dates?”) in Animal House. There was one other female. Jack expressed disinterest in the wares; after all he was showing us a good time. City L and I went off to a couple of spartan rooms with our dates.

My new lady friend and I negotiated, I truly think it was $20 or less, and soon I was enjoying her prowess in oral stimulation over a rubber. There was no bed or couch but rather this act of love took place on a hard wood bench with a nice clean sheet over top. First time for everything. In the next room, City L’s negotiations were seemingly a little trickier and his Madame, apparently unwilling to wait for City L’s best offer, grabbed a $10 and left the room. Next thing you know there was a commotion in the vestibule and Accu, City L and the professional woman were no longer negotiating. Apparently, at no time did we pose a threat to the women because the two large men sat like Buddha’s while the spat went on. Back out into the street we went and off to breakfast it was. We had gone a couple of blocks when City L noticed that his wallet was lighter than it had been. Lesson learned.

We went back to Jack’s in Queens gathered our belongings & Andi and headed back to Penn Station and to quiet old Lancaster town. It certainly was one of my more memorable birthdays.

1 comment:

Tee said...

I assume that is you Accu? Please sign your posts. Did I get it right? I want Slick's input. I have pictures but couldn't get my scanner working yesterday. will try again. I also tried contacting Andi; I am correct in that she came with Tim & I to you and your sister's place? Izzat right. God bless you Accu Jack Kelly. I hope to see you next month on the feast day.

Blog Archive