The 3rd periodic 340 Club Reunion has been postponed indefinitely

Before there was an Animal House there was a 340 Club; before there was a Dean Wormer there was a Harold "the fuck" Martin; before there was John Blutarsky or a Daniel Simpson Day there was Tim Lutter, Sil Simpson, Dan Joyce, Tim Getzloff, Dick Lichty, Jim Shay, Phil Zangari, Chris Joyce, Dave Petkosh, Mitch Herr, Kenny Giltner, Dean Staherski, Randy Brown, John Emswiler, Sue Krimmell Emswiler and myself; before there were any Delta Tau Chi pledge pins, there were 340 Club cards; before Otis Day & the Knights, the 340 Jukebox; before there were Delta Brothers there were the usual gang of idiots that congregated at 328, 340 (twice) and 338 West King Street in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for a decade beginning in August 1974. This blog is dedicated to those idiots and those times. God bless Kenny, Mitch and Chris; may they rest in peace.

















virtual 340 Club members

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The List: 1983


During the last complete year on West King Street, a dozen young ladies got lucky at the 340 Club… I met 100 at the VIP, simply the greatest pick up bar in the midstate (luckily for me it was long closed by the time I moved to Harrisburg near the turn of the century), later in life 100 became a crackhead and there was nothing I could do for her … I met 101 at the Fairmont House and we continued to see each other for a decade or so … 102 was on her way to Holland (if ya know what I mean) when Randy introduced us … I don think I dissuaded her but she took a bath in front of me and I sullied her after I dried her off … 103 was a decade younger chronologically and much bolder … met her at the Village and we did it in her tub on our first date, in a Gap changing room, on a miniature golf course hole, an AMTRAK train, at a bar – literally, at the bar not in a booth – in Philly, and on the roof of the 340 Club! she was spunky and bold & actually opened my mail, checked the numbers I had dialed in Harrisburg and called 100 in a threatening fashion (maybe that is what drove 100 to become a crackhead) … ya had to love her boldness … we spent 12/31/83 together in Times Square just when it was changing from a free, place to collect and party to a pay to enter, behave yourself, place not to party like it is today … 104 another one night stand from the VIP … met 105 at Faces, a nice attempt at a classy, City style club in the old King Douglas Hotel … 106 ditto; as she was a waitress at Faces … 107 local, I forget where we met; we were a number until she tired of my act … 108 was from the projeks of Franklin Terrace; her baby daddy was a professional boxer, needless today we were undercover in more ways than one …109 was another VIP girl with whom I went to NYC on our first date … 110 another local girl which were becoming more difficult to pull since my lack of seriousness was no secret ... 111, was different though, she was still in high school when we met and I saw her for many years … we started off as tutor/pupil, with me tutoring her in math … we progressed to Biology with her doing as much teaching as I … somewhere late in 1983 the list pictured above was the last one ever updated by my roomie Phil.

No comments:

Blog Archive