The 3rd periodic 340 Club Reunion has been postponed indefinitely

Before there was an Animal House there was a 340 Club; before there was a Dean Wormer there was a Harold "the fuck" Martin; before there was John Blutarsky or a Daniel Simpson Day there was Tim Lutter, Sil Simpson, Dan Joyce, Tim Getzloff, Dick Lichty, Jim Shay, Phil Zangari, Chris Joyce, Dave Petkosh, Mitch Herr, Kenny Giltner, Dean Staherski, Randy Brown, John Emswiler, Sue Krimmell Emswiler and myself; before there were any Delta Tau Chi pledge pins, there were 340 Club cards; before Otis Day & the Knights, the 340 Jukebox; before there were Delta Brothers there were the usual gang of idiots that congregated at 328, 340 (twice) and 338 West King Street in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for a decade beginning in August 1974. This blog is dedicated to those idiots and those times. God bless Kenny, Mitch and Chris; may they rest in peace.

















virtual 340 Club members

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Drinking One for Dane!

Wow! A big day on the Blog!

These things are supposed to be interactive; to date Phil aptly describes the blog as me and him IMing or e-mailing each other. Other than Sil's posts and contributions of memories from many there has been very little posted interaction. However today that changed with two anonymous comments that weren't left by me and a very nice, though a sad tribute of sorts, e-mail from a reader in Atlanta which I enclose herein. Communications like this makes the blog worthwhile as will 150 of us gathering at the 340 Club reunion on June 7 at the Knights of Columbus.

Hi Ted!

I found your site last night as I was googling Dane Laudenberger; I moved to Lancaster County in 1975 and was a frequent flyer at Luckee's. Dave Emmerick owned an antique store in Paradise where I lived and worked for a bit. It was quite an experience!! Dane was a very good friend and I dated him for a while. We were both born on the same day, July 1st. Last night I read that Dane had died in 2000. It was very distressing to learn that he had passed over at such a young age.

Laudenberger, Dane M b. 07/01/1947, d. 01/12/2000
US Marine Corps, PFC, Lancaster, PA Plot: 17-A 0 566, bur. 01/24/2000

I was wondering if you remember a man named Michael that worked for David Emmerick?At the time he was an artist and had long hair. I have been trying for a long time to remember his name. Do you remember the tee shirts that said Luckee's has Crabs?

Your blog brought back many fun memories for me! Thank you!

Karen


As Dean used to say; keep those cards and letters comin' in folks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the name of the anonymous...

JACK KELLY!!!

Tee said...

Hey Javk! I thought that might be you .. thanks for not dragging that guessing game out. You are the star of an upcoming adventure. Right now it is late 1976 but it will be 3/17/77 before you know it and that was certainly one of the pivotal weekends in my life - you, me, City L, Andi, your sister, whores, taxi cabs cum taxi cabs, the A train, Magic Pan, Catch A Rising Star and more .. all appearing at a theatre near you.

Tee said...

Jack,

I could use your e-mail address and Mike Hauck's. Please send them.

Thanks,
Tee

Blog Archive