The 3rd periodic 340 Club Reunion has been postponed indefinitely

Before there was an Animal House there was a 340 Club; before there was a Dean Wormer there was a Harold "the fuck" Martin; before there was John Blutarsky or a Daniel Simpson Day there was Tim Lutter, Sil Simpson, Dan Joyce, Tim Getzloff, Dick Lichty, Jim Shay, Phil Zangari, Chris Joyce, Dave Petkosh, Mitch Herr, Kenny Giltner, Dean Staherski, Randy Brown, John Emswiler, Sue Krimmell Emswiler and myself; before there were any Delta Tau Chi pledge pins, there were 340 Club cards; before Otis Day & the Knights, the 340 Jukebox; before there were Delta Brothers there were the usual gang of idiots that congregated at 328, 340 (twice) and 338 West King Street in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for a decade beginning in August 1974. This blog is dedicated to those idiots and those times. God bless Kenny, Mitch and Chris; may they rest in peace.

















virtual 340 Club members

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy Third Birthday to the Virtual 340 Club!!!

It was three years ago today that Philip & I began this blog ... I can only speak for myself but, particularly being out of town, it provides me with a fun place to go. It kinda makes the past the present and sorta makes living in the past, living in the present. Kinda sorta being the key words. I wish that all of us felt the same way and posted more often. to reminisce but also to share what we are doing now.

I speak to Phil rarely but we still play the lottery together weekly and that is fun and inexpensive. Sil & I end an e-mail every now and then. I've been filling in Dave & City L on some recent happenings and Dave replies ... City L needs to return to life (just my opinion mind you). Dicky called just last night; he is a good guy, God bless him, fighting illness. Dan is a professor and he & I play poker 3 or 4 times a year. Timmy lives in jersey and has a wife, kids, job, etc. Dean still lives and works in Lancaster; being the only person who lived at the Club that I did not live with. Nobody lived with everybody. John & Sue still live within a half mile of the Club. Haven't seen Jimmy since the reunion but it was grand seeing him then; still looks the same. Randy is still 27 years old. Joyously, Gloriously, Kenny, Mitch and Clack are at a much greater Club that hopefully we all are going to be. As you may know, it was recently discovered that there is beer in heaven.

Coach is the most loyal reader of this blog and has the toughest job. He represents all of the many, many partiers and revelers who passed through the 340 Club on a daily basis at all hours. It is he and those that made it what it was. So, I will hoist an Iron City beer tonight in honor of him and all the rest of them and you celebrating three years of electronic madness. I encourage all of you to keep in touch to post more of what you are doing with yourself or any special memories that you may wish to share.

Oh and I've forgotten the Kegman ... sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the original 340 club on king street I painted the numbers on the door I'm a340 legacy lol it was great fun back then

Blog Archive