The 3rd periodic 340 Club Reunion has been postponed indefinitely

Before there was an Animal House there was a 340 Club; before there was a Dean Wormer there was a Harold "the fuck" Martin; before there was John Blutarsky or a Daniel Simpson Day there was Tim Lutter, Sil Simpson, Dan Joyce, Tim Getzloff, Dick Lichty, Jim Shay, Phil Zangari, Chris Joyce, Dave Petkosh, Mitch Herr, Kenny Giltner, Dean Staherski, Randy Brown, John Emswiler, Sue Krimmell Emswiler and myself; before there were any Delta Tau Chi pledge pins, there were 340 Club cards; before Otis Day & the Knights, the 340 Jukebox; before there were Delta Brothers there were the usual gang of idiots that congregated at 328, 340 (twice) and 338 West King Street in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for a decade beginning in August 1974. This blog is dedicated to those idiots and those times. God bless Kenny, Mitch and Chris; may they rest in peace.

















virtual 340 Club members

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The List: 1984

Certainly one of the least popular; no that is not correct. Definitely the only category of topics on this blog - the virtual 340 Club - that caused a serious complaint was my insistance on labeling, if not naming, every woman with whom I had carnal knowledge of the deviant decade. As I said before if I have been offensive, sexist, racist, ignorant ... I did not mean to be. However, my habits and frankly the recording of same by not only me but by my Boswell, Philip, had to be recollected if I were going to give an honest description of the decade.


I will spare you any further details though. Suffice it to say 1984, the first half of 1984, saw five more entries to the list ... they were 112, 113, 114, 115 and 116. When all was said and done in the 3425 days between Valentine's Day 1974 and June 30, 1984 there were 116 women that knew me in the biblical sense. Of them, 59 were one night stands. 57 were relatively more meaningful and I still long for or have fond memories of a score or so. Every 29 days, on average, a new woman entered my life in the most private of ways.


I think, while chronologically I might have been 23-33, I was enjoying my college years during this decade. This excersise in cataloguing the escapades have brought closure to this.


I am happy to report now I have one woman in my life and am pleased that she will accompany me to the 2nd annual 340 Club reunion this Saturday. Her name is Beverly; stop by and say hello.

No comments:

Blog Archive